Pages

Long Time, No Bark

Friday, July 11, 2014

Dearest Darlingest Lucy,

I realize I have not written in FUR-ever, and for that, I sincerely apologize! Things have been very busy here since I last yipped - I will fill you in on all the details. 

When last I wrote, my owner was 'working' far far away at a company in a place called Westchester. She had to leave me very early in the morning, and got home way after dark most nights. I was not very happy with this situation, and tried my best every night to be my most adorable self, so that she would not want to leave me the next day. Then in April, I got wonderful news! She wasn't going to be working there much longer!

Me being my most adorable self in my hippo bed
so my owner won't leave me!
It turns out humans do not have people who love them and play with them and feed them for free - they have to make money for food (sort of like how we have to do tricks for our treats!) and if my owner didn't go to this awful place called "a job", she wouldn't have money for treats for ME or new outfits for me to model! This was very upsetting, and although I was happy she would be home with me, I did not want to starve!

Luckily, she has a new "job" at a new place that I like much better. She stays just down the hall every day and I can go in for belly rubs and snuggles! I even help her around the office sometimes. I'm not very good at carrying things but I boost her morale when I can tell she is dealing with a tough problem. 

Here I am hard at work, making sure everything
is in tip-top shape!
I'm not sure if I will continue to like this new job - she keeps saying eventually she will have to go to New York which is even farther than Westchester. I used to get annoyed at having to sit for dinner, but at least I don't have to leave my pack for hours every day! I suppose I am a bit spoiled.

I have also been in training classes. I thought I would be learning about simple etiquette (doesn't my pack realize ALL southern belles like me get etiquette training from a young age!?) but NO. I was tricked! They make me socialize with a MAN for an HOUR. At first, I was appalled and outraged. He is large and smelly and beard-y and has a deep deep voice that I do. not. like. However, he gives me lots and lots of treats, so I am learning to put up with him. He also tells me I am a very pretty girl - at least I know he is not RUDE too. 

I hope things with Benny are going smoothly and he is not pestering you too much. He could learn from your grace and classiness! Maybe if he is nice enough to you, we will let him in our little pen-pal club. Luckily, I have persuaded my pack into thinking I would be jealous and devastated by the presence of another dog - so my future is safe from "little brothers" for now!

Face licks and butt sniffs!
Peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground